Saturday 12 September 2020

29th Sunday in Ordinary Time (A)

Entrance Antiphon [Introit]:

To you I call; for you will surely heed me, O God; turn your ear to me; hear my words.
Guard me as the apple of your eye; in the shadow of your wings protect me. Psalm 17:6,8 [Roman Missal]

Ego clamavi, quoniam exaudisti me, Deus: inclina aurem tuam, et exaudi verba mea: custodi me, Domine, ut pupilam oculi: sub umbra alarum tuarum protege me. Ps. Exaudi Domine iustitiam meam: intende deprecationem meam. Psalm 17:6,8 [Graduale Romanum, p.354]

There is no 29th Sunday in Ordinary Time A in the Liber usualis of 1961, but it uses the Mass propers of the Wednesday after Sunday in  Lent III

I have called upon Thee for Thou wilt hear me, O God; incline Thine ear and hear Thou my speech; keep me O Lord, as the apple of Thine eye; under the shadow of Thy wings protect me. Ps. Hear the right, O Lord, attend to my cry Psalm 17:6,8 [Chants for the Year: Chants adapted to English "Liber Usualis" p. 156 (W Patrick Cunningham) CCW]

Ego clamavi, quoniam exaudisti me, Deus: inclina aurem tuam, et exaudi verba mea: custodi me, Domine, ut pupilam oculi: sub umbra alarum tuarum protege me.
Ps. Exaudi Domine iustitiam meam: intende deprecationem meam. Psalm 17:6,8 [Gregorian Missal, p.571]

Choose one Antiphona ad introitum and Psalmus from any of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [Graduale simplex, pp.215-252]

Entrance Antiphon [Introit]:

Liturgy of the Word

  • Second Reading: I Thessalonians 1:1-5b 
  • Before the Gospel; 
    • Alleluia (Gospel Acclamation):
  • Gospel: Matthew 22:15-21 Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and to God the things that are God's.

Offertory Antiphon:

And I will delight in your commands, which I love. And I will lift up my hands to your commands and meditate on your statutes. Psalm 119:47-48
Verses of Psalm 113 -or- Psalm 125 can also be sung between repetitions of the antiphon.

Meditabor in mandatis tuis, quæ dilexi valde: et levabo manus meas ad mandata tua, quæ dilexi. [Graduale Romanum, p.356]

My delight shall be in Thy commandments, which I have loved greatly; and I will lift up mine own hands unto thy commandments, which I have exceedingly loved. [Chants for the Year: Chants adapted to English "Liber Usualis" p. 156 (W Patrick Cunningham) CCW]

Meditabor in mandatis tuis, quæ dilexi valde: et levabo manus meas ad mandata tua, quæ dilexi. [Gregorian Missal, p.574]

Choose one Antiphona ad offertorium and Psalmus from any of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [Graduale simplex, pp.215-252]

Communion Antiphon:

Behold, the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, who hope in his merciful love, to rescue their souls from death, to keep them alive in famine. Psalm 33:18-19 [Roman Missal]

— or —

The Son of Man has come to give his life as a ransom for many. Mark 10:45 [Roman Missal]

Domine Dominus noster, quam admirabile est nomen tuum in universa terra! [Graduale Romanum, p.357]
Psalm 8:2c,3,4,5,6-7a,7b-8,9 can also be sung between repetitions of this antiphon.

O Lord, Our Governour, how excellent is your name in all of the earth. [Chants for the Year: Chants adapted to English "Liber Usualis" p. 156 (W Patrick Cunningham) CCW] 
      Psalm 8:2-9 can also be sung between repetitions of  the antiphons 
Domine Dominus noster, quam admirabile est nomen tuum in universa terra! [Gregorian Missal, p.575]
Choose one Antiphona ad communionem and Psalmus from any of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [Graduale simplex, pp.215-252]

Hymns

CHORAL MUSIC

No comments: