Saturday 26 February 2022

8th Sunday in Ordinary Time (C)

 

Entrance Antiphon [Introit]:

The Lord has become my protector. He brought me out to a place of freedom; he saved me because he delighted in me.Psalm 18:19-20 [Roman Missal]

Factus est Dominus protector meus, et eduxit me in latitudinem: salvum me fecit, quoniam voluit me.
Ps. Diligam te Domine fortitudo mea: Dominus firmamentum meum, et refugium meum, et liberator meus. [Graduale Romanum 1979, p.281]

Factus est Dominus protector meus, et eduxit me in latitudinem: salvum me fecit, quoniam voluit me.
Ps. Diligam te Domine fortitudo mea: Dominus firmamentum meum, et refugium meum, et liberator meus. [Gregorian Missal for Sunday 1990, p.461/475]

Choose one Antiphona ad introitum and Psalmus from any of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [Graduale simplex 2007, pp.215-252]

Liturgy of the Word:

  • First ReadingSirach 27:4-7 Praise no one before he speaks
  • After the First Reading
    • Gradual
      • Bonum est confiteri Domino, et psallere nomini tuo, Altissime. V Ad annuntiadum mane misericordiam tuam, et veritatem tuam per nocte. Ps. 97, 2. V. 3  [Graduale Romanum 1979, p.327]
      • Bonum est confiteri Domino, et psallere nomini tuo, Altissime. V Ad annuntiadum mane misericordiam tuam, et veritatem tuam per nocte. Ps. 97, 2. V. 3 [Gregorian Missal for Sunday 1990 p. 463/477]
    • Responsorial Psalm 
      • R. Lord, it is good to give thanks to you. Psalm 92:2-3,13-14,15-16. 
  • Second Reading: I Corinthians 15:54-58  God gives us victory through Our Lord Jesus Christ
  • Before the Gospel
    •  Versus Alleluiatici
      • Alleluia V. Dominus Deus meus, in te speravi: salvum me fac ex omnibus per sequentibus me, et libera me. Ps 7:2  [Graduale Romanum 1979, p.284]
      • Alleluia V. Dominus Deus meus, in te speravi: salvum me fac ex omnibus per sequentibus me, et libera me. Ps 7:2 [Gregorian Missal for Sunday 1990 p. 533]
    • Gospel Verse
      • Shine like lights in the world as you hold on to the word of life. Phil 2:15d,16a
  • Gospel: Luke 6:39-45 From the fullness of the heart the mouth speaks.

Offertory Antiphon:

Return, O Lord, save my life; rescue me because of your kindness.Psalm 6:5 **
Verses of Psalm 113 or Psalm 125 can also be sung between repetitions of the antiphon.

Domine convertere, et eripe animam meam: salvum me fac propter misericordiam tuam. [Graduale Romanum 1979, p.283]

Domine convertere, et eripe animam meam: salvum me fac propter misericordiam tuam. [Gregorian Missal for Sunday 1990, p.464/478]

Choose one Antiphona ad offertorium and Psalmus from any of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [Graduale simplex 2007, pp.215-252]

Communion Antiphon:

I will sing to the Lord who has been bountiful with me, sing psalms to the name sof the Lord Most High. Psalm 13:6

— or —

Behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age, says the Lord.Mt 28:20 [Roman Missal]

(B/C) Cantabo Domino, qui bona tribuit mihi: et psallam nomini Domini altissimi. Psalm 13:6 [Graduale Romanum 1979, p.283]
Psalm 13:2,3,4,5,6,ab can also be sung between repetitions of this antiphon.

(B/C) Cantabo Domino, qui bona tribuit mihi: et psallam nomini Domini altissimi. Psalm 13:6 [Gregorian Missal for Sunday 1990, p.464/479]

Choose one Antiphona ad communionem and Psalmus from any of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [Graduale simplex 2007, pp.215-252]

Liturgical Music

Official texts

Hymns

  • All Creatures of Our God and King (CBW #620, AH #600)
  • Alleluia! Sing to Jesus (CBW #536, AH #601)
  • Father, We Thank Thee, Who Hast Planted (CBW #676, AH #515)
  • Lift High the Cross (CBW #545, AH #606)
  • Now Thank We All Our God (CBW #674, AH #607)
  • O Be Joyful in the Lord (Thurlow Weed)
  • Praise, My Soul, the King of Heaven (CBW #650, AH #611)
  • Praise to the Lord (CBW #653, AH #612)
  • Thanks Be to God (CBW #678)
AH = The Adoremus Hymnal, Ignatius Press
CBW = Catholic Book of Worship II / Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops
CPDL= Choral Public Domain Library

Choral Music

No comments: