Saturday 12 February 2022

The Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time (C)

 Entrance Antiphon [Introit]:

Be my protector, O God, a mighty stronghold to save me.
For you are my rock, my stronghold! Lead me, guide me, for the sake of your name. Psalm 31:3-4 [Roman Missal]

Esto mihi in Deum protectorem, et in locum refugii, ut salvum me facias: quoniam firmamentum meum, et refugium meum es tu: et propter nomen tuum dux mihi eris, et enutries me.
Ps. In te Domine speravi, non confundar in aeternum: in iustitia tua libera me. [Graduale Romanum 1979, p.275]

Esto mihi in Deum protectorem, et in locum refugii, ut salvum me facias: quoniam firmamentum meum, et refugium meum es tu: et propter nomen tuum dux mihi eris, et enutries me.
Ps. In te Domine speravi, non confundar in aeternum: in iustitia tua libera me. [Gregorian Missal 1990, p.452/466]

Choose one Antiphona ad introitum and Psalmus from any of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [Graduale simplex 2007, pp.215-252]

Readings from the Lectionary:

  • First Reading: Jeremiah 17:5-8 
  • After the First Reading:
    • Gradual 
      • Tu es Deus, qui facis
    • Responsorial Psalm:
      • Psalm 1:1-2,3,  4,6 [R. Blessed are they who hope in the Lord. /Ps 40:5a]
  • Second Reading: I Corinthians 15:12,16-20 
  • Before the Gospel
    • Versus Alleluiatici
      • Cantate Dominum
    •  Alleluia Versicle: 
      • Rejoice and be glad; your reward will be great in heaven. Luke 6:23ab
  • Gospel: Luke 6:17,20-26 

Offertory Antiphon:

Blessed are you, O Lord; teach me your statutes. With my lips I declare all the ordinances of your mouth. Psalm 119:12-13 **
Verses of Psalm 113 or Psalm 125 can also be sung between repetitions of the antiphon.

Benedictus es Domine, doce me iustificationes tuas: benedictus es Domine, doce me iustificationes tuas: in labiis meis pronuntiavi omnia iudicia oris tui. [Graduale Romanum 1979, p.277]

Benedictus es Domine, doce me iustificationes tuas: benedictus es Domine, doce me iustificationes tuas: in labiis meis pronuntiavi omnia iudicia oris tui. [Gregorian Missal 1990, p.455/469]

Choose one Antiphona ad offertorium and Psalmus from any of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [Graduale simplex 2007, pp.215-252]

Communion Antiphon:

They ate and had their fill, and what they craved the Lord gave them; they were not disappointed in what they craved. Psalm 78:29-30

— or —

God so loved the world that he gave his Only Begotten Son, so that all who believe in him may not perish, but may have eternal life. Jn 3:16 [Roman Missal]

Manducaverunt, et saturati sunt nimis, et desiderium eorum attulit eis Dominus: non sunt fraudati a desiderio sio. Ps 78:29-30 [Graduale Romanum 1979, p.278]
Psalm 78:1,3-4a,4bcd,23,24,25,27,28 can also be sung between repetitions of this antiphon.

Manducaverunt, et saturati sunt nimis, et desiderium eorum attulit eis Dominus: non sunt fraudati a desiderio sio. Ps 78:29-30 [Gregorian Missal 1990, p.456/470]

Choose one Antiphona ad communionem and Psalmus from any of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [Graduale simplex 2007, pp.215-252]

Liturgical Music

Official texts

Hymns

  • Blest Are the Pure in Heart (CBW #719)
  • Christ Is the King (CBW #546)
  • Forth in the Peace of Christ We Go (CBW #550)
  • I Come with Joy to Meet My Lord (CBW #578)
  • O Breathe on Me, Breath of God (CBW #519)
  • Your Hands, O Lord, in Days of Old (WIII #750)
AH = The Adoremus Hymnal, Ignatius Press
CBW = Catholic Book of Worship II / Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops

Choral Music

No comments: