Saturday 1 August 2020

10th Sunday in Ordinary time (A)

Entrance Antiphon [Introit]:

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life; whom should I dread?
When those who do evil draw near, they stumble and fall.Psalm 27:1-2 [Roman Missal]

(A/C) Dominus illuminatio mea, et salus mea, quem timebo? Dominus defensor vitæ meæ, a quo trepidabo? qui tribulant me inimici mei, infirmati sunt, et ceciderunt.
Ps. Si consistant adversum me castra: non timebit cor meum. [Graduale Romanum, p.288]

(A/C) Dominus illuminatio mea, et salus mea, quem timebo? Dominus defensor vitæ meæ, a quo trepidabo? qui tribulant me inimici mei, infirmati sunt, et ceciderunt.
Ps. Si consistant adversum me castra: non timebit cor meum. [Gregorian Missal, p.470]

Choose one Antiphona ad introitum and Psalmus from any of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [Graduale simplex, pp.215-252]

Choose an Entrance Antiphon from one of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [By Flowing Waters (Paul Ford) p.148-182 / Liturgical Press]

Other settings:

Liturgy of the Word:

  • First Reading: Hosea 6:3-6 For I delight in loyalty rather than sacrifice. 
  • Between the Readings
    • Gradual
    • Proper Responsorial Psalm 
    • Seasonal Responsorial Psalm 
      • Choose one Psalmus responsorius from any of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [Graduale simplex, pp.215-252]
      • Choose a Responsorial Psalm from one of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [By Flowing Waters (Paul Ford) p.148-182 / Liturgical Press]

  • Second Reading: Romans 4:18-25 A father of many nations have I made you.
  • Before the Gospel
    • Alleluia Psalm (Psalmus Alleluiaticus)
    • Alleluia with Versicle Proper to the Day:Cf. Lk 4:18 The Lord sent me to bring glad tidings to the poor, and to proclaim liberty to captives.
      • CBWIII 148
      • Celtic Alleluia ( adapting the versicle proper)
    • Seasonal Alleluias
      • Choose one Alleluia or Psalmus alleluiaticus from any of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [Graduale simplex, pp.215-252]
      • Choose an Alleluia or Alleluia Psalm from one of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [By Flowing Waters (Paul Ford) p.148-182 / Liturgical Press]
    • Gospel: Matthew 9:9-13 I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners. 

Offertory Antiphon:

Give light to my eyes that I may not sleep in death lest my enemy say, "I have overcome him."Psalm 13:4b-5a **
Verses of Psalm 13 can also be sung between repetitions of the antiphon.

Illumina oculos meos, nequando obdormiam in morte: nequando dicat inimicus meus: prævalui adversus eum. [Graduale Romanum, p.290]

Illumina oculos meos, nequando obdormiam in morte: nequando dicat inimicus meus: prævalui adversus eum. [Gregorian Missal, p.475]

Choose one Antiphona ad offertorium and Psalmus from any of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [Graduale simplex, pp.215-252]

Choose an Offertory Antiphon and Psalm from one of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [By Flowing Waters (Paul Ford) p.148-182 / Liturgical Press]

Other Settings 

Communion Antiphon:

The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer;
my God is my saving strength. Psalm 18:3

— or —

God is love, and whoever abides in love
abides in God, and God in him.I Jn 4:16 [Roman Missal]

(A/C) Dominus firmamentum meum, et refugium meum, et liberator meus: Deus meus adiutor meus. Psalm 18:3 [Graduale Romanum, p.290]
Psalm 18:4,7ab,7cd,28,29,32,33,36 can also be sung between repetitions of this antiphon.

(A/C) Dominus firmamentum meum, et refugium meum, et liberator meus: Deus meus adiutor meus. Psalm 18:3 [Gregorian Missal, p.476]

Choose one Antiphona ad communionem and Psalmus from any of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [Graduale simplex, pp.215-252]

Choose a Communion Antiphon and Psalm from one of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [By Flowing Waters (Paul Ford) p.148-182 / Liturgical Press]

Other Settings

Mass settings:

Hymns

  • Faith of Our Fathers (CBWII/III, AH #603)
  • Father, We Thank Thee, Who Hast Planted (CBWII/III,AH)
  • God Is Love (CBWII )
  • Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee (Beethoven/VanDyke,)
  • Mine Eyes Have Seen the Glory ((William Steffe)  CBWII 
  • Praise to the Lord (Anonymous/Neander) CBWII, AH
  • The God of Abraham Praise (Freehold - Nehemiah Shumway)
  • The Voice of God Goes Out through All the Earth (CBWII)
  • To Jesus Christ Our Sovereign King (CBWII/III, AH )
      • AH = The Adoremus Hymnal, Ignatius Press
      • CBWII/III = Catholic Book of Worship IIor III / Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops

Music for the Choir

No comments: