Saturday 1 August 2020

11th Sunday in Ordinary Time (A)

 Entrance Antiphon [Introit]:

O Lord, hear my voice, for I have called to you; be my help.
Do not abandon or forsake me, O God, my Savior! Psalm 27:7,9 [Roman Missal]

Exaudi Domine vocem meam, qua clamavi ad te: adiutor meus esto, ne derelinquas me neque despicias me, Deus salutaris meus.
Ps. Dominus illuminatio mea, et salus mea: quem timebo? [Graduale Romanum, p.291]

Exaudi Domine vocem meam, qua clamavi ad te: adiutor meus esto, ne derelinquas me neque despicias me, Deus salutaris meus.
Ps. Dominus illuminatio mea, et salus mea: quem timebo? [Gregorian Missal, p.477]

Choose one Antiphona ad introitum and Psalmus from any of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [Graduale simplex, pp.215-252]

    Choose one Entrance Antiphon and Psalm from any of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [By Flowing Waters (Paul Ford) p.148-182 / Liturgical Press]

    Other Settings

    Liturgy of the Word:

    • First Reading: Exodus 19:2-6a You shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. 
    • Between the Readings
    • Second Reading: Romans 5:6-11 We also exult in God through our Lord Jesus Christ. 
    • Before the Gospel:
    • Gospel: Matthew 9:36 - 10:8 "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few.

    Offertory Antiphon:

    I bless the Lord who counsels me. I set the Lord ever before me; with him at my right hand I shall not be disturbed. Psalm 16:7a,8

    Benedicam Dominum, qui mihi tribuit intellectum: providebam Deum in conspectu meo semper: quoniam a dextris est mihi, ne commovear.Psalm 15:7-8 [Graduale Romanum, p.293]

    Benedicam Dominum, qui mihi tribuit intellectum: providebam Deum in conspectu meo semper: quoniam a dextris est mihi, ne commovear.Psalm 15:7-8 [Gregorian Missal, p.480]

    Choose one Antiphona ad offertorium and Psalmus from any of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [Graduale simplex, pp.215-252]

    Choose one Offertory Antiphon from any of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [By Flowing Waters (Paul Ford) p.148-182 / Liturgical Press]

    Communion Antiphon:

    There is one thing I ask of the Lord, only this do I seek:
    to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life. Psalm 27:4 [Roman Missal]

    — or —

    Holy Father, keep in your name those you have given me,
    that they may be one as we are one, says the Lord. John 17:11 [Roman Missal]

    Unam petii a Domino, hanc requiram: ut inhabitem in domo Domini omnibus diebus vitæ meæ. Psalm 26:4 [Graduale Romanum, p.294]
    Psalm 27:1a,1b,2ab,3ab,9ab,9cd,11,13,14 can also be sung between repetitions of this antiphon.

    Unam petii a Domino, hanc requiram: ut inhabitem in domo Domini omnibus diebus vitæ meæ. Psalm 26:4 [Gregorian Missal, p.480]

    Choose one Antiphona ad communionem and Psalmus from any of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [Graduale simplex, pp.215-252]

    Choose one Communion Antiphon and Psalm from any of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [By Flowing Waters (Paul Ford) p.148-182 / Liturgical Press]

    Other Settings

    Mass settings:
    1. Latin Chant Masses VIII (De angelis) & XI (Orbis factor) [Graduale Romanum, pp731-41, 748-51]
    2. Latin Gregorian Chant Masses XI (Orbis factor) & VIII (De angelis)[Kyriale Roman, pp 29-32, 39-42
    3. Missa Jubilate Deo [Composite Mass Pope Paul VI] Liturgy Office of England &Wales
    4. Music for the Roman Missal [ICEL]

    Hymns

    AH = The Adoremus Hymnal, Ignatius Press
    CBW = Catholic Book of Worship II / Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops

    Music for the choir

    No comments: