Sunday 23 August 2020

25th Sunday In Ordinary Time (A)

Entrance Antiphon [Introit]:

I am the salvation of the people, says the Lord.
Should they cry to me in any distress,
I will hear them, and I will be their Lord for ever. See Psalm 37:39, 40, 28 [Roman Missal]

Salus populi ego sum, dicit Dominus: de quacumque tribulatione clamaverint ad me, exaudiam eos: et ero illorum Dominus in perpetuum.
Ps. Attendite popule meus legem meam: inclinate aurem vestram in verba oris mei. Psalm 37:39, 40, 28 [Graduale Romanum, p.339]

I am the Salvation of the people: in whatever tribulation, they shall call upon Me, and I will hear them, and I will be their Lord for ever. Ps. Hear my Law, O my people, incline your ears unto the words of my mouth. Glory be.... [Chants for the Year: Adapted into English from the Liber Usualis,  W. Patrick Cunningham, pp 148,  ccwatershed.org]

Salus populi ego sum, dicit Dominus: de quacumque tribulatione clamaverint ad me, exaudiam eos: et ero illorum Dominus in perpetuum.
Ps. Attendite popule meus legem meam: inclinate aurem vestram in verba oris mei. Psalm 37:39, 40, 28 [Gregorian Missal, p.552]

Choose one Antiphona ad introitum and Psalmus from any of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [Graduale simplex, pp.215-252]

Other Settings

  • Salus Populus, [Ronan Collection 2.77a, 2.78a &2.79a , St Michael's Choir School]
  • I am the salvation of the people [Simple English Propers, p.304 (Adam Bartlett)]
  • I am the Savior of all people [Simple Choral Gradual, p.225 (Richard Rice) CMAA]
  • I am the salvation of the people  [Psalm 151, #56a  (Brian Michael Page) C.V. Music, ccwatershed.org] 
  • I am the salvation. [Lalemant Propers Corpus Christi Watershed p.254]
  • Choose one Entrance Antiphon and Psalm from any of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [By Flowing Waters (Paul Ford) p.148-182 / Liturgical Press]

LIturgy of the Word:

  • First Reading: Isaiah 55:6-9 My thoughts are not your thoughts.
  • Between the Readings
    • Gradual proper to the Day
    • Responsorial Psalm Proper to the Day: Psalm 145:2-3, 8-9, 17-18 R. The Lord is near to all who call upon him. 
    • Gradual or Responsorial Psalm Proper to the Season
      • Choose one Psalmus responsorius from any of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [Graduale simplex, pp.215-252]
      • Choose one Responsorial Psalm from any of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [By Flowing Waters (Paul Ford) p.148-182 / Liturgical Press]
  • Second Reading: Philippians 1:20c-24,27a For to me, to live is Christ
  •  Before the Gospel:
    • Alleluia Psalm 
    • Alleluia  Versicle : Open our hearts, O Lord, to listen to the words of your Son. cf. Acts 16:14b 
    •  Alleluia Versicle or Psalm Proper to the Season
      • Choose one Alleluia or Psalmus alleluiaticus from any of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [Graduale simplex, pp.215-252]
      • Choose one Alleluia or Alleluia Psalm from any of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [By Flowing Waters (Paul Ford) p.148-182 / Liturgical Press]
  • Gospel: Matthew 20:1-16a The last shall be first, and the first last. 

Offertory Antiphon:

Though I walk amid distress, you preserve me; against the anger of my enemies you raise your hand; your right hand saves me. Psalm 138:7
Verses of Psalm 113 -or- Psalm 125 can also be sung between repetitions of the antiphon.

Si ambulavero in medio tribulationis, vivificabis me, Domine: et super iram inimicorum meorum extendes manum tuam, et salvum me fecit dextera tua. Psalm 138:7 [Graduale Romanum, p.341]

Though I may walk in the midst of tribulation, yet shalt Thou refresh me, O Lord, and upon the fury of mine enemies, Thou shalt stretch out Thy hand, and Thy right hand shall save me.  [Chants for the Year: Adapted into English from the Liber Usualis,  W. Patrick Cunningham, pp 148,  Corpus Christi Watershed]

Si ambulavero in medio tribulationis, vivificabis me, Domine: et super iram inimicorum meorum extendes manum tuam, et salvum me fecit dextera tua. Psalm 138:7 [Gregorian Missal, p.554]

Choose one Antiphona ad offertorium and Psalmus from any of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [Graduale simplex, pp.215-252]

Other Settings

Communion Antiphon:

You have laid down your precepts to be carefully kept;
may my ways be firm in keeping your statutes. Psalm 119:4-5 [Roman Missal]

— or —

I am the Good Shepherd, says the Lord;
I know my sheep, and mine know me. John 10:14 [Roman Missal]

Tu mandasti mandata tua custodiri nimis: utinam dirigantur viae meæ, ad custodiendas iustificationes tuas. [Graduale Romanum, p.342]
Psalm 119:1,2,3,8,9,26,59,60,134,168 can also be sung between repetitions of this antiphon.

Tu mandasti mandata tua custodiri nimis: utinam dirigantur viae meæ, ad custodiendas iustificationes tuas. [Gregorian Missal, p.555]

Thous hast charged that we shall diligently keep thy commandments. O that my ways were made so direct that I might keep thy statutes. [Chants for the Year: Adapted into English from the Liber Usualis,  W. Patrick Cunningham, pp 148,  Corpus Christi Watershed]

Choose one Antiphona ad communionem and Psalmus from any of the eight Masses for Ordinary Time [Graduale simplex, pp.215-252]

Other settings


Mass settings:


Hymns

  • All My Hope on God Is Founded (CBWII/II)
  • All People That on Earth Do Dwell (AH, CBWII/III)
  • Father, We Thank Thee, Who Hast Planted (CBWII/III, AH )
  • For the Fruit of All Creation (CBWII/III,)
  • Forth in the Name of Christ (CBWI
  • Holy, Holy, Holy (CBWII, AH #460)
  • I Sing the Mighty Power of God (AH)
  • Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise (CBWIII)
  • Let All Things Now Living (CBWIII)
  • O Praise Ye the Lord (CBWII/III)
  • O Taste and See (CBWIII)
  • There's A Wideness in God's Mercy (AH, CBWIII)
  • This Is the Day the Lord Has Made (CBWIII)
  • To Jesus Christ Our Sovereign King (CBWII/III,  AH )
  • We Walk by Faith (CBWIII)
  • Where Cross the Crowded Ways of Life (ICEL #206, EH #498)
AH = The Adoremus Hymnal, Ignatius Press
CBW = Catholic Book of Worship II / Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops
 

Choral Music


No comments: